Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 46 & 47



Day 46 & 47
Current Location: Ottawa
Date: August 5th, 2008

We've spent the last two days resting and sightseeing in Montreal and in Ottawa. Yesterday we spent the day visiting Montreal. We visited a couple of old historic buildings and went into some pretty interesting shops. I was in awe by some of the architecture that we saw in Old Montreal. I’ve never seen so many old and historic buildings in my life before. In the afternoon we met up with Jamie, a recent UofL graduate. He showed us more of the city and at the end of the day he ended up making us dinner. Following dinner, we drove back into Ottawa to spend the night at Joanne and Britney’s apartment again.

The next day, Kelly and I did some sightseeing in Ottawa. We visited Parliament and the Supreme Court, looked at some embassies and went to Rideau center. We did a good deal of walking and at the end of the day my legs felt like they were going to collapse. I haven’t really done much physical activity over the month and a half and I’m probably in the worst physical shape in my life.

In the evening, Kelly, Brett, Vanessa and I went to an alumni event that was organized by Joanne. To our amazement, the event had a pretty good turnout. I wasn’t really expecting much of a turnout because about a week before the event I got an email from Joanne that said that only one person had sent an R.S.V.P. The highlight of the night for me was when, my friend, Kendall gave me a bag of rice as a present.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture of the Quebec "sign". I'm using it for my latest wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Jo and Brit's apt is getting at lot of UofL love! and is not super huge...UofL'ers untie across the country!