Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 6
June 25th, 2008
Current Location: Rock Creek

This morning we left Osoyoos around 10:00am. I am glad to tell you all that there were no complications from the fall down the small hill from yesterday. Immediately after we were out of the city limits of Osoyoos, we were at the footsteps of Anarchist Mountain. Apparently this is a fairly well know mountain for bicyclists in B.C. The bicyclists and the local residence also refer to the mountain as “the Antichrist”. After finding out the nickname and reputation of the mountain I was a little nervous for the cyclists. I wasn’t particularly nervous for myself because I’m just have to put my foot on the peddle (although I did have to hit the acceleration peddle a tad harder up the mountain).


The mountain ended up not being as difficult as everyone was expecting. While still difficult all the bikers made it to the summit in one piece.


After biking (in my case driving) through Anarchist Mountain we reached a giant statue of the infamous Sasquatch. Seeing the statue was the highlight of the trip for me so far. For some weird reason, a bunch of Kokanee boxes were scattered around this magnificent monument. I guess it’s the place where the locals like to drink their Kokanee (and perhaps dress up like rangers). We ended up staying there for a couple of minutes taking pictures.


Following that the day began to get progressively worse and worse. A couple of KM’s after the statue Kelly ended up getting a flat tire. After replacing the tubes in the tire, he ended up getting another flat tire. Then we eventually realized that something was wrong with the tire itself. While trying to change the tube in the new tire, it blew up. After some minor setbacks Kelly’s tire was eventually fixed. Then came the really bad news. Brett’s knee began to act up on him. It got to the point where he could barely walk on it. We ended up having to call it a day after that. We somehow managed to find a small campsite in Rock Creek. Brett is going to rest his leg for a couple of days and ride with me. Hopefully he’ll get better soon.

No comments: