Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 9

Day 9
June 28th, 2008
Current Location: Creston

Like the last couple of days, Brett rode with me in the van again. It was a really hot day and I think that I’m starting to get a tan on my left arm. We ended up finding a random waterfall in the highway and we used it to cool off. Kelly and Vanessa went up a mountain that seemed to far worse than the Anarchist Mountain. The combination of the extreme heat and the fact that the mountain had a summit of 1774 metres made it hard on the bikers. We ended our day in Creston around 6:30pm. To my surprise we found a fairly decent campsite in town. I was expecting that we would have to sleep in the van tonight because I figured that all the campgrounds would have been booked due to the fact that it was a long weekend.

2 comments:

Anne said...

HELLO ALL! SAFE AND HAPPY JOURNIES! JUST TO CONFIRM GIVEN ALLAN'S ADVICE TO ME THAT YOU WOULD BE ARRIVING HERE IN LETHBRIDGE LATE JULY 1,TAKING A DAY OF REST JULY 2 AND LEAVING EARLY JULY 3 FOR MEDICINE HAT..ADVANCEMENT HAS PLANNED A BBQ FOR NOON HOUR ON JULY 2 AND YOU ALL ARE THE GUESTS OF HONOR!!! THE NEXT TWO DAYS YOU HAVE A LOT OF TERRITORY TO COVER..SEE YOU SOON AND IF YOU NEED ANYTHING GIVE ME A CALL!

Anne

Unknown said...

Hi Team,

I am so glad to hear you made it to Lethbridge. Just thought I would give you the address of another group of cross country cyclists who are half a country ahead of you right now. http://canadac2c.blogspot.com/ Perhaps their comments about where to eat or where to camp will be helpful to you!

Sincerely,
LillAnne Jackson
(The one who led you out of Victoria on the VERY first day!)