Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 7

Day 7
June 26th, 2008
Current Location: Christine Lake

Today I had Brett driving with me in the van. Besides for that nothing really partially interesting happened along the way to Christine Lake. Brett ended up seeing a massage therapist in Grand Forks. While this may sound a little silly but I was a little disappointed that I didn’t see a giant oversized statue of a fork in the city. While to the best of knowledge such a monument doesn’t exist, I was secretly hoping that it did. If Medicine Hat can have the world’s largest tepee why can’t Grand Forks have the world’s largest fork? The city is known as Grand Forks not Sans Forks. Despite the lack of giant oversized forks, the city was very nice. I really liked its downtown. For a city with approximately 4,000 people, it had a really amazing downtown.

After getting through Grand Forks, we eventually reached Christine Lake. We ended up finding a really nice campsite right by the lake. While Kelly and I were trying to get a better axe to chop wood for the campfire, the owner of the site offered his assistance in making a fire. His way of assisting us involved drenching the wood with enough gasoline to power a small fleet of cars. I’m exaggerating a bit but he did soak the fire wood with a huge amount of gasoline. According to Kelly, the look on face when he threw the matches on the wood to start the fire was priceless.

No comments: