Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 5

Day 5
June 24th, 2008
Current Location Osoyoos ( Oh-Soy-oos)

Today ,like every other day that we’ve had on the trip, we had some technical difficulties. When Vanessa was riding her bike through the highway, one of her tubes in her tire exploded. After Brett tried to change the tube in the tire it exploded on her again. Afterwards we went to a tire shop in Princeton to see if we could get it fixed. We ended up finding out that it had an unrepairable tear through the seams and that it was essentially destroyed. I ended up having travel to a small town called Oliver to find a replacement tire for her. Vanessa and Brett ended up having to ride the tandem bike again. After a day’s worth of biking we eventually reached Osoyoos. For the third night in a row we ended up staying in a camp ground. This was a massive campground (at least massive when compared to the two campgrounds that I’ve only been to in my life), with a hot tub, games room and more than 300+ lots. During the night when I was trying to navigate myself from the patio from our campsite I ended up falling down a small hill. It was really dark and everyone had their lights turned off.

1 comment:

Bruce MacKay said...

Hey Allan,

Really enjoying reading about your adventures. I think I know that campground in Osoyoos. Pretty country! Hope you're doing OK on the hills ... the van I mean. Keep your sights on the prairies, flatness, and the wind at your back!

Bruce