Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 10-14

Day 10-14
June 29th – July 2nd
Current Location: Lethbridge

The last five days have been very pretty good. On the 29th, we traveled from Creston to Cranbrook. On the 30th, we traveled from Cranbrook to Sparwood. On Canada Day, we traveled to Lethbridge. The driving has become more routine over the last couple of days. Like last week, Brett has been with me in the van. We’ve both been taking turns driving. On the 30th, I spent the day relaxing in the passenger seat while Brett drove the entire day. The weather on the 29th and on the 30th was blistering hot. There’s nothing like being in a giant metal box parked on asphalt in +30 degree weather. In an attempt to conserve gas and money, Brett and I tried to use the A/C as little as possible.

For the most part we haven’t been having as much issues with the bikes as we were before. We’ve had a few flat tires but overall things have been good. Hopefully this trend will continue.

We managed it make it through most of B.C without rain surprisingly. We didn’t get our first drop of rain till we were leaving Sparwood on Canada Day. We didn’t get heavily rained on (the cats and dog variety) until we reached Fort Macleod. We somehow managed to avoid the brunt of the storm that flooded Lethbridge (unlike my parent’s basement and the UofL gymnasium).
I was really happy when we finally reached Lethbridge. I could almost kiss its wet soggy soil. We ended staying in town to rest for two days.

On July 2nd there was a free BBQ in the atrium for the bike trip. It was really something to see 200+ people waiting in the atrium for the free food. Bill Cade and Kelly both gave a brief speech to those waiting for food. We got a really good reception from the people from the crowd. I ended up seeing a surprisingly large amount of people that I knew there. I didn’t really do anything particularly interesting over the two days. I spent a majority of the rest days doing errands and some other stuff for the Meliorist. I also watched Batman Begins again. I’m really looking forward for The Dark Night.

No comments: