Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 16

Day 16
July 5th, 2008
Current Location: Gulf Lake

In comparison to yesterday, nothing particularly interesting happened. I had a really goodnights sleep and Brett’s grandma made us a really good breakfast. In the morning, for about 15 minutes we were all frantically looking for the van keys. I checked inside every cushion and I unpacked all of my stuff looking for it. We ended up finding the keys in my jacket. That should have been the first place that I should have checked. Oh well.

The drive went off fairly smooth. We found an outlandishly cheep campground in a small city called Gulf Lake (sadly the city doesn’t lake anymore). It was only $10. The sad thing about this is that despite the outlandishly cheap price, there was only one other group of campers. Kelly and I ended up talking with manager of the campsite of awhile. She told us about her grandchildren and gave us a brief synopsis of the history of the town.

No comments: