Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 33

Day 33
Date: July 22nd, 2008
Current Location: White River

Today we traveled from about 20Km’s north of Marathon to a small town called White River. While driving in the van with Brett I found out that White River is actually the home of Winnie The Pooh. While driving to White River we found an interesting sign for a road. A road called "Yellow Brick Road". As we drove past the road, Brett and I noticed that the road was neither yellow or brick.


While in town we saw a giant monument of Winnie in a tree with a jar of honey. We took a couple of pictures of it and I tried to climb the fake tree. I failed miserably. I ended up falling as Kelly boosted me up. I’ll be the first to admit that my climbing ability is rather sub par but I really thought that I would make. Oh well.



After that we headed into a gift shop/gas station/A&W. We were told by the gift shop workers that if we wanted to we could tent behind the visitor’s center. At first we were a little apprehensive to do this but it was the only site within 30km’s. When we reached the visitor’s center we bumped into an Australian biker that we had met and camped with a couple days ago. Despite being threatened (in a friendly sort of way) by a store owner that they were going to steal my Gnome, I found the people in town really kind.

No comments: