Saturday, July 26, 2008

It’s a wise idea to invest more than $25.00 on a tent (Day 36)

Day 36
Date: July 25th, 2008
Current Location: Sault Ste Marie

Today we traveled from Montreal River Harbour to Sault Ste Marie. It was a really rainy day. It seemed like at some points it was raining cats and umm ... bricks. Because of the rain I have come to the conclusion that there is a reason why one should be wary of spending only $25.00 on a tent. This morning when I woke up I was welcomed with a good dose of rain. Sadly my tent isn’t particularly adept at protecting me from the elements. When I woke I noticed that a puddle of rain water had formed on two sides of my tent. The bottom of my sleeping bag and a good chunk of my foam mat were drenched.

Later on in the day when we reached Sault Ste Marie, I asked Vanessa if I could borrow her spare tent for the next couple of days. She kindly said yes. Her spare tent like my tent was worth about $25.00. When Brett and Vanessa went into town to do get checked up at the hospital, it began to rain. When they left, I immediately went into the other tent. At first everything was going well in the tent. It seemed like it was doing a good job of sheltering me from the rain. Then I noticed a leak at the seams on the side of the tent. Then I noticed a leak on the other side. To make a long story short, the new tent was just as bad as my old and my sleeping bag, foam mat and clothes were drenched with water. I think that I might invest some money in a new tent. Perhaps one that is worth more than $25.00.

No comments: