Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 20

Day 20
July 9th, 2008
Current Location: Moosomin

This morning when I was waiting for the group on the highway a kind couple offered to give me a ride. I think that they thought that I was some sort of hitchhiker. This is the first time in my life that I’ve ever been mistaken as a hitchhiker. I was kind of flattered that they offered to give me a ride. I know that this sounds kind of bad but most of the time I just ignore hitchhikers on the road because they make me kind of nervous. I blame this on the movie The Hitcher(the one that was made in 1986 not the 2007 remake staring Sophia Bush).

Sadly, I had to decline their offer. After meeting the group in White City, we went off to Moosomin. On our way there we stopped briefly in a really cool 50’s styled dinner. The dinner was filled with coke memorabilia and collectibles. The food was pretty good and the owner was really nice. He tried to sell us a limo that was made in 1987. It was once owed by a funeral home and an old-timers hockey team. If I had a larger disposable income I would have seriously considered it.

When we reached Moosomin, we found a pretty good campsite. It was for only $18.00 and it had a small manmade lake. The only downside is that it was littered with mosquitoes. I’m glad that I drenched myself with a can of Deet. For some strange reason my tent smelt kind of funny. I tired sleeping outside but I was attacked by more mosquitoes. Then I eventually went back to my smelly tent. I plan on washing it tomorrow or at least drench it with Febreze.

No comments: