Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 22

Day 22
July 11th, 2008
Current Location: Portage

When I woke up this morning my head was hurting. Not from a headache but rather from me accidently slamming my head on the lower roof of a five year old’s bunk bed (the roof is around 1.5 feet from the mattress). I think that I was in the middle of dream while sleeping when cell phone alarm rang. After hearing the alarm I instinctively rose up. While rising up my head collided with the beds roof. It really hurt. I wonder if the bunk beds box had any warnings about adults sleep in them.

After the collision, I walked outside to wake up Kelly and Brett. When I was outside, I realized that the cover on top of my tent (which I had set up the night before)had flow on. My sleeping bag, pillow and foam mat was in what seemed like a small pond of rain water. This isn’t partially the best way to start a day.

Today, Brett was on his bike again. It’s the first time since his injury, that he rode a full day with the rest of the cyclists. I was really glad to see him riding again. There was a pretty good tailwind (wind blowing the cyclists forward) throughout the day. They surprisingly ended up biking over 200+ KM.

No comments: